Clinics and Services
Our Clinicians provide general medical services, as well as specialist services such as child health monitoring, maternity and contraceptive services.
Contraception and Family Planning
You can find out more information about Contraception and Family Planning
Our practice nursing services include:
- Health checks (for new and existing patients)
- Health promotion and general health advice
- Phlebotomy our Health Care Assistants and Phlebotomists take blood samples and clinics are run on an appointment only basis
- Dressings, vaccinations and immunisations
- Cervical smears – These are carried out by our practice nursing team. The ideal time to have a smear is about halfway between two menstrual periods
- Removing stitches
- Travel advice
- Ear syringing
- Advice on asthma, diabetes and Chronic Disease Care. We provide comprehensive care for patients with Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Asthma, Hypertension, Ischemic Heart Disease, Cerebro Vascular Disease etc. All these patients have an annual health check done by the nursing team with input from Clinicians if required
- ECG, 24 Hour BP Monitoring, Spirometery we offer various investigations like: 24 hour home blood pressure monitoring, ECG, Spirometery, cardiac-memo etc when clinically appropriate
Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Routine childhood immunisations
- Influenza vaccinations are provided in our “flu jab clinics” available every year from mid-October for suceptible patients, e.g. diabetics, asthmatics and the over 65’s.
- Travel vaccinations (please visit the Travel Room)
- HPV vaccinations for girls aged 12-13 years (which reduces the risk of cervical cancer)
- Childhood immunisations we follow the national scheme for childhood immunisations
Child Health Services
New born and 6-8 week baby checks provided by our health visitors and clinicians.
Gresleydale ‘Tots’ Baby Clinic
Drop in session every Friday 09:00 – 10:30.
Gresleydale is now providing a drop in session baby service for peer support, self-weighing and access to immunisation services. If you would like to meet other mums; let your children meet new friends; and be able to regularly spend time with our professional team, you would be very welcome.
Applies to Gresleydale patients only.
In addition, the Health Visiting Service provide cover weekly between 09:30 – 10:30 where advice can be sort from a Health Visitor. This health visiting service is available to both patients and non-patients.
Teenage Health Advice & Services
Our clinicians can help you with a wide range of problems, including contraception, pregnancy tests, drug & alcohol problems, or worries you may have about your health or about things that are happening to you.
Maternity, Antenatal & Postnatal Care
Information on who will be looking after you when you are pregnant and for additional advice please contact the reception.
For routine antenatal and postnatal care please visit Swadlincote Healthcare Centre.
Our practice counsellor sees patients at the surgery after referral from a clinician.
Minor Injury Services
Greleydale Healthcare Centre are currently commissioned to provide a limited minor injury service for injuries sustained within the previous 48 hours that are relatively minor and can be dealt with at a GP practice, usually by our practice nurses, within our normal opening hours of 08:00 – 18:30 Monday-Friday.
For anything more major the Hospital A&E Department would be more appropriate.
Examples of minor injuries that can often be dealt with at the surgery are:
- Lacerations capable of closure by simple techniques
- Severe bruising requiring assessment
- Recent injury beyond simple domestic first aid or where stitches may be required
- Blows to the head where there has been no loss of consciousness
Minor Surgery and Joint Injections
Certain minor operations can be performed at the surgery. For example some of our clinicians carry out minor operations such as the removal of minor skin lesions and joint injections, avoiding the need for you to go to hospital.
If the clinician recommends this sort of treatment then arrangements will be made at the surgery.
All these patients have an annual health check done by the nursing team with input from a clinician as required.